I'm not misunderstood, I'm just complicated...Or is that supposed to be the other way around?




Thursday, May 13, 2010

On The Inside

A smile as bright as the sun
For all the world to see
Laughter strong and loud
Makes everyone laugh with me
A heart so full of love
Enough to spread around
Life so full of joy
Nothing could bring me down

Small, silent and alone
In a darkness that won’t go away
The tears that are constantly flowing
Won’t let me see past the pain
The struggle to keep it hidden
Pretending to always be strong
While I slowly die on the inside
And tell the world that nothing is wrong

I don’t know how much longer I can do it
Trying to maintain the 2 parts of me
How I really am on the inside versus
Who I desperately want to be

No longer can I fake the happiness
The well of tears seem never to dry
What you see now is a true reflection
Of whom I am inside

No comments:

Post a Comment