I'm not misunderstood, I'm just complicated...Or is that supposed to be the other way around?




Friday, May 14, 2010

(Giving You) All Of Me

I sit looking back over what used to be
When there was an us…not just you and me
My mind grows weary as I try to recall
Was I only half way there or did I give it my all

My heart, my soul, my body and mind
I gave it all to a love that was dangerously blind
I opened up and exposed willingly
All of the most private and intimate parts of me

Midnight whispers of things never shared
Getting as close to each other as we both dared
You touched my heart and set it free
And I felt safe giving you all of me

I sit and remember how the look in your eyes
Made my stomach clench and my temperature rise
Your touch spoke words I longed to hear
And I surrendered to you without any fear

How could something so right end up so wrong
How did what I feel now come from a love so strong
Why was I so blind, why didn’t I see
That it was a mistake giving you all of me

No comments:

Post a Comment