I'm not misunderstood, I'm just complicated...Or is that supposed to be the other way around?




Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Many Moods Of Me

In the dark of night
I cannot find sleep
My heart won't let me rest
In my mind I have no peace

Voices of life past
Constantly whisper my name
Present day strife
Brings it's own brand of pain

Tossing and turning endlessly
Not just in my bed
The coming of daylight hours
Don't lessen my dread

The chaos of my inner turmoil
Seeps without
Every hour awake
Riddled with doubt

Many faces I wear
Allow my secret to hide
Locked inside my heart
Guarded by my pride

Rare are the days lost
When a smile was mine to share
And happiness was not just a burden
That alone I had to bare

Through all the up and downs
I struggle my struggle alone
No soothing words of wisdom
From the voice I know is my own

All the time searching
For a way to be set free
From the weariness of my mind
Caused by the many moods of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment