I'm not misunderstood, I'm just complicated...Or is that supposed to be the other way around?




Friday, May 14, 2010

Break Through

All my life I’ve been afraid
Afraid to live, afraid to love and afraid to lose
I was afraid of making choices
Afraid of the consequences of what I’d chose
I hid those fears from everyone around
Let them believe I had it together
But the weight of my lies kept pushing me down
Until I thought I was lost forever
The darkness was overwhelming
I always felt so alone
As I experienced the treachery of life’s blows
I suffered the worse pain I’ve ever known
I finally got to a point of no return
The misery was much more than I could bear
I had to find a way out of the darkness
I wouldn’t survive it if continued to dwell there
There was no light shining in the darkness
I had to fight my way out blind
The struggle to find my way out
Has taken a toll on my mind
It’s taking longer than I expected
But I know now what I must to do
It’s going to take all that I’ve got
But I will eventually break through

No comments:

Post a Comment